The following instructions are only a guide and serves as a supplement to our clients' own experiences.
• Always check the recommendation on the care label of the garment. The products are testet according to ISO 15797, but we also recommend own wash/drying test before use.
• All garments should be washed at least once before taken into use. This is important due to chemical residues and excess dye from production of fabrics and to inevitable shrinkage. This also applies for "pre-shrunk" products.
• Take into account shrinkage up to app. 5% and for tolerances in garment up to +/- 1,5 cm.
• Do not apply bleaching and chemicals with optical brighteners on coloured products. Effective chemicals incl. chlorine, disinfectants and optical brighteners can reduce life time and influence quality/appearance of fabrics and accessories.
• The indicated type and dosage from the supplier of chemicals must be followed closely.
• Textiles should always be sorted/washed according to type and colour.
• Wash the garments with the inside out and close zippers and velcro.
• Avoid "over drying". Choose the correct drying temperature according to the fibre type of the garment. Remember that polyester dries faster than cotton, e.g. Fleece products.
• Steamer (tunnel) drying may influence fit/shape and shrinkage pattern. Carry out own test to clarify possible effects from the drying method. Steam must be added to avoid “over drying”.
How to extend the durability of logos:
• It is important to choose logo quality and type (print/transfer, embroidery) considering the use and washing/drying method of the garment.
• The wash instruction in the care label on the clothes also applies for the logo.
• Harsh chemicals such as bleach etc. can affect the logo in wash.
Other ID products in industrial washing:
• Other ID® products besides ProWear are used in industrial washing. However it is very important to follow the instructions on the care label for such products. Especially for chemicals, temperatures and drying methods there are certain limitations which must be observed.
ID® cannot assume any responsibility for complaints arising from inappropriate use and/or washing of our products. By any complaints, please provide 3-5 samples + information about the extent/volume and a copy of the washing process and chemical prescription